This one-year partnership program with Mohawk College prepares students for careers as personal support workers. Combining theoretical knowledge with practical experience obtained during field placements, students develop a broad range of abilities that reflect the sensitivity and respect required to work in this caring field. Field placements are arranged throughout Ontario and require access to the transportation required to complete the placement portion of the program.
- OSSD or equivalent (Mohawk Academic Upgrading, GED) including:
- Grade 12 English, C or U or equivalent
- Grade 10 Mathematics, D (Academic) or P (Applied) level
- Contact Admissions for options that are available for mature applicants.
Note: This program may require students to bring their own mobile computer devices (BYOD) to classes.
All accepted applicants are required to complete certain requirements prior to clinical placement and are responsible for the associated costs. Details about pre-placement requirements will be emailed to you once you accept your offer of admission.
Registered students who have been convicted of an offence under the criminal code for which they have not been pardoned may be denied the opportunity to enter or continue in a clinical placement while in the program.
- Home Care Agencies and Long Term Care Homes
- Nursing and Residential Care Facilities.