The objective of the tuition-free We Are Welders program is to provide the soft skills, practical skills, safety training, technical skills and personal supports necessary for low-income women to gain local employment as a welder. The program will provide a combination of theory, hands-on and virtual training at the Brantford campus of Six Nations Polytechnic.
The 28-week course is comprised of six modules that include career awareness, team building, soft and life skills, welding, employment readiness and empowerment and a paid work placement. The curriculum content plus workshops and resources aim to remove barriers, build confidence, acquire skills and prepare participants for a career as a welder.
Support may be available for child care and transportation if needed.
This program is directed towards women as it is funded under the Women's Economic Security Program by the Ministry of the Status of Women.
Start Dates (There will be three cohorts running throughout the next year):
1. June 18, 2018 - January 4, 2019
2. October 5, 2018 - May 24, 2019
3. January 21, 2019 - September 6, 2019
Click here to read Frequently Asked Questions.
Contact Carly or Mary for more information at (226) 493-1245, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also visit us in person anytime during office hours, or during one of our three info sessions happening on:
- July 25, 2018 | 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM at the Six Nations Campus
- August 1, 2018 | 5:00 PM - 7:00 PM at the Brantford Campus
- August 22, 2018 | 5:0 PM - 7:00 PM at the Brantford Campus
Six Nations Campus is located at 2160 Fourth Line in Six Nations, Ontario
Brantford Campus is located at 411 Elgin Street in Brantford, Ontario.
- Be at least 16 years old
- Be a resident of, and able to work in, Ontario
- Completed OSSD, GED or equivalent, including Grade 11 or 12 English
- Meet the household income requirements as set out by the Ministry of the Status of Women
- Must attend an information session.
- Metal Fabricator
- Production Welder