Yesterday the Ontario government announced that schools would begin re-opening with enhanced safety measures. Six Nations Polytechnic STEAM Academy will return to in-person learning on Tuesday, February 9, 2021, for those students who have selected this option. This marks the first day of our new quadmester.
“We are excited to welcome our students back into the building. For our blended learning students, we will continue with the following schedule:
Monday and Tuesday-Grade 9-10 onsite
Wednesday and Thursday grade 11 and 12 onsite
Every Friday, we will continue to have all students online. Tuesday, February 9th, we will welcome our grade 9s and 10s back in person.”- Judy Reuben, Director SNP STEAM Academy
Six Nations Polytechnic STEAM Academy continues to prioritize the health and safety of our educational community. Please take note of the important health and safety measures listed below:
- The Ministry of Education’s new guidelines for COVID-19 requires students and staff to wear masks outside when physical distancing cannot be maintained
- On January 25, enhanced COVID-19 screening protocols were put in place for all education staff working in school buildings
- Enhanced COVID-19 screening protocols for secondary students will begin on February 10
- SNP STEAM Academy has implemented a COVID response Coordinator position dedicated to keeping up to date on emerging information, monitoring the campus to ensure COVID related safety protocols are in place and being followed, and providing education and awareness on COVID-19 related guidance
- We continue to operate with reduced class sizes, and all classrooms are set up to allow for at least a 2m (6ft) physical distance to be maintained between desks
- Daily screening and temperature checks will continue each day for all staff and students on site
As an additional reminder, any cancellations due to inclement weather will be announced via our website www.snpolytechnic.com and social media channels. Please continue to follow along for new information and updates.