Your pathway to a rewarding, health-centered career in Recreation Therapy
Recreation Therapy will give you the opportunity to make a positive impact on the quality of life of an individual with an illness or disability. Through assessment, planning and delivery of activities, you will help people lead more fulfilling and independent lives.
- Long-term care facilities
- Municipal recreation centres
- Social service agencies
- Children’s treatment centres
- Centres for addiction and mental health
What You Learn:
- Program design and supervision
- Disabilities and aging
- Leisure education and counselling
- Health and wellness
- Recreation facilities
- Sports and special events
- Leadership and program planning
- Assessment and documentation
Voted the happiest college in Canada!
“When it comes to happy students, Six Nations Polytechnic (SNP) knows their stuff. That's because Canada's happiest college is on a mission to "positively contribute to the well-being" of those who share its land.”
Huffington Post writing about the 2017 Campus Rankings Survey.