To provide, through a non-profit organization, free Literacy and Basic Skills tutoring in a culturally sensitive manner.
The Six Nations Achievement Centre is located within Six Nations Polytechnic and provides free instruction to adults who need to increase their independence or academic skills for entry into higher levels of education and/or to obtain employment.
Services Offered Include
- Academic-related assessments
- Six week 'Pre-GED' connection program
- One-to-one tutoring
- Essential skills and workforce literacy
- Refresher workshops
- Career and/or college preparation sessions
- Online learning
- Computer training for adults with no computer experience
- Upgrading for parents with school-aged children
- Crafting for employment workshops
- Small class sizes (5 – 10 people), to provide the individual attention needed.
- Friendly, experienced staff
- One-to-one or small group learning
- Free online learning options
- A library of Native learning materials
- Access to computers and the Internet
To find out more about the Achievement Centre and how we can help you with your learning goals, or to volunteer at the Achievement Centre, contact us.
2160 Fourth Line
Ohsweken, ON N0A 1M0
This Employment Ontario program is funded in part by the Government of Canada and the Government of Ontario and through the Canada-Ontario Job Fund Agreement.