PRE-APPRENTICESHIP COOK-tuition Free program
This program provides hands-on training as a Cook in a variety of industries. Topics include food safety, food theory and preparation, employment readiness, academic upgrading and a 320-hour work placement. The curriculum includes a focus on traditional Indigenous foods.
This program will be a blend of in-person and online classes. Access to a computer and internet will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: Dates of programs may change due to government restrictions surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- culinary techniques
- quantity food preparation food theory
- basic nutrition
- bake and pastry theory and techniques of baking
- cuisine à la carte
- kitchen management
- food, beverage and labour cost control
- sanitation, safety and equipment
- communications and calculations
- workplace health and safety
The purpose of the program is to prepare candidates to gain employment and start their apprenticeship as a cook.
Other related occupations:
- Institutional Cook
- Cook Assistant
Apply today to take advantage of program benefits
- Small classes
- Books and supplies are included for eligible applicants
For more information contact
Address: 411 Elgin Street, Brantford, Ontario
• OSSD or equivalent
• Pass Mature Student Test
• Be a resident and able to work in Ontario
• Must attend an information session
• Must complete pre-screen assessment.